A Guide To Coconut Oil Pulling For Naturally Whiter Teeth
Black coffee drinker? Wine lover? Tea sipper? Chances are your teeth aren’t as white as you’d like them to be. And although there are a plethora of teeth-whitening products out there—it's difficult to know which ones are doing your teeth more harm than good.
Some teeth whitening methods (made popular by social media) are said to strip tooth enamel and increase sensitivity—not to mention the fact that they are laden with chemicals you probably don’t want to be putting in your mouth!
Interested in taking a more natural approach? Enter: NOIR Coconut Oil Pulling (which you’ll find in the February Health & Beauty Boxes). It's made from nothing more than cold pressed virgin coconut oil and and mint oil for a gentler mouth wash alternative. The idea here is that it works to draw out impurities, which effectively leaves you with fresher, whiter teeth.
An ancient Ayurvedic detoxifying practice, oil pulling is generally understood to boast a myriad of oral health benefits and has been adopted by celebrity wellness gurus including Gwyneth Paltrow and Miranda Kerr who have sworn by it for years.
Some benefits are said to include:
- Kills bacteria that causes bad breath
- Reduces inflammation for healthy gums
- Minimises plaque build-up
- Prevents gingivitis
Here’s how it works:
- NOIR recommends using the coconut oil pulling first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking.
- Gently open your NOIR Coconut Oil Pulling sachet by cutting or tearing the end.
- Squeeze the sachet contents into your mouth and swirl for 5-10 minutes. Do not exceed 20 minutes. Avoid swallowing any saliva or product during the process.
- Dispel saliva and product from your mouth directly into the bin. Refrain from spitting into sink as oil residue solidifies and can potentially affect pipes.
- Thoroughly rinse your mouth with fresh warm water and brush teeth to remove any oil residue from your mouth and teeth.
- For Optimum results, use a separate toothbrush to brush with after Oil Pulling to minimise cross contamination of toxin residue. Thoroughly rinse your toothbrush to remove any product residue from the bristles.
Each box contains 14 sachets covering you for a two week course. Get your hands on one in the February Beauty Box today!