Recipe: Vegan Frittata Made With Avocado Oil
There is something about frittatas that remind us of childhood. It is that one dish your mum could throw together in a rush with leftover old ingredients and make it taste so darn delicious!
Makes 16 slices
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 large grated zucchini
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Gently sauté the spring onions in avocado oil until translucent then add the grated zucchini, and stir often as you cook, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric and garlic powder with the milk.
- Add the zucchini and chopped basil, and stir to combine.
- Pour into a line baking tin and bake for about 30 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Slice and serve with toppings of choice.
The 10 Healthiest Chocolates You Can Buy From The Supermarket
The Benefits Of Magnesium & How To Ensure You're Getting Enough
Recipe: Gluten-Free Hemp Scones With Raspberry Chia Jam