Recipe: Vegan Frittata Made With Avocado Oil
There is something about frittatas that remind us of childhood. It is that one dish your mum could throw together in a rush with leftover old ingredients and make it taste so darn delicious!
Makes 16 slices
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 large grated zucchini
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Gently sauté the spring onions in avocado oil until translucent then add the grated zucchini, and stir often as you cook, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric and garlic powder with the milk.
- Add the zucchini and chopped basil, and stir to combine.
- Pour into a line baking tin and bake for about 30 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Slice and serve with toppings of choice.