This nutritious banana bread recipe was kindly shared with us by the amazing Jessica Hoskins of Sage and Folk. Enjoy!
Servings: 10-12 | Prep time: 10 mins | Total time: 1h 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup bananas mashed ripe (approximately 3 bananas) + 1 extra, halved
- 1 organic egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain (natural) yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla pod scraped
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the buckwheat, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the banana, egg, yoghurt, oil, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour into a lightly greased and lined loaf tin (1.75- litre-capacity) and top with the banana halves.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked (test with a skewer).
👉 Click here to see Jessica's "My Day on a Plate" blog