Recipe: These Beetroot Bagels Will Fancy Up Your Breakfast
Does anyone else just automatically feel 10x fancier when biting into a bagel over regular bread? These Beetroot Bagels require minimal effort and very little time. You could even make them whilst sipping on your morning coffee and before you know it 30min later you will be munching on warm, steamy, fresh, homemade bagels.
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- ¼ cup Jomeis Fine Foods beetroot latte blend
- Tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yoghurt (not full fat)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 170C degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, beetroot powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the yoghurt and kneed to form a dough.
- Divide into 4 equal sizes balls and roll into 3/4-inch thick ropes and join the ends to form bagels
- Top with egg wash and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden.
For more savoury recipes like this click here.