When Lee was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition in 2006 she went on a mission to reclaim her health. With a background in food and nutrition She decided to follow her own path to healing and researched food and nutrition and developed a diet regime that led to full recovery!
She believes that just by eating well and changing your current lifestyle you can look forward to not only having boundless energy and a strong immune system, you will also be optimizing your health, preventing disease and increasing longevity!
She is now an Author, Holistic health/wellness coach and wholefoods chef and we are lucky enough to have her share her delicious healthy recipe below!
Chia and Flaxseed Loaf
- 350 g (2 1/3 cups) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 30 g (1/4 cup) ground flaxseeds
- 20 g (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 115 g (3/4 cup) mixed sunflower seeds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 x 35 g packet Brookfarm Brothers Blend nuts crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) additive-free coconut milk
- 5 drops stevia liquid
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Meko coconut water
- Cocolife Virgin Coconut Oil spray for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (and grease and flour a 20 x 9 cm (8 x 31/2 inch) loaf tin with Cocolife Virgin Coconut Oil spray.
- Combine the flour, flaxseed, chia, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, crushed Brookfarm Brothers Blend nuts and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs for about 2 minutes – they should be pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar, butter, coconut milk, stevia and Meko coconut water.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- This loaf will keep for one week in the fridge or two months in the freezer.
For more of Lee's wonderful recipes go to www.superchargedfood.com
Or follow her on Instagram and Facebook.