Christmas Gingerbread Loaf
Here is a last-minute Gingerbread Loaf, amazing for not just the festive season but all year round! Sip on your fave tea and nom on this moist, fluffy and perfectly spiced cake. Just right for those who don't like gingerbread!
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup @lakantoaustralia Monkfruit Sweetener "Golden"
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup molasses
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 160C (fan-forced) and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Spelt flour, Lakanto, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon until just combined, careful not to overmix.
- Add your batter to the loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the tin for 1 hour before removing from the tin.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together in a medium-size bowl until smooth and creamy
- Spread mixture on each slice or over the top of the loaf. Sprinkle cinnamon on top for decoration.
You can find all our festive inspired recipes on our blog!