In this month’s ‘Baking Box,’ every single GMB subscriber will receive THREE, yes three 100g blocks of our favourite organic + fairtrade chocolate by Bennetto.
Give Bennetto Chocolate a try in this months 'Baking Box'
Two thumbs up that antioxidant-rich cocoa – and not sugar – is the first (i.e., the main) ingredient in Bennetto Chocolate, but we really just love this brand because it’s delicious AND for a good cause.
Apart from eating your Bennetto choccie straight-up (obviously), we thought you might be keen on this easy but oh-so-pretty recipe for the next time you have guests, or you know, just for you.
Chocolate Dipped Fruit##
A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth the wholefood way. This recipe also works super well with any of your favourite fruits, cut into thick rounds.
You will need:##
- 2 large ripe-very ripe bananas
- 100g Bennetto Natural Food Co. Chocolate – any variety works
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 kiwifruit
- 10 strawberries
- 1 orange
- Slice all of the bananas in half, the kiwifruit, and the oranges into thin round slices and keep the strawberries whole. Place on a baking paper-lined tray.
- Break up the Bennetto chocolate into chunks and add to a heatproof bowl along with the coconut oil.
- Bring a pot of water to boil on the stove and reduce to a simmer before placing the bowl of chocolate and coconut oil in the mouth of the pot, ensuring the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate mixture and continue to stir as it starts to soften, and then until it is melted and combined (alternatively you can melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring at intervals until completely melted).
- Dip each piece of fruit into the melted chocolate mixture! Place on a lined tray pop in the fridge for at least one hour.