We're mad about Matcha at GMB, so naturally we couldn't wait to tuck into Nik Toth's tasty dairy and refined sugar free Matcha Bars!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tsps Blackmores Matcha Green Tea + Nature Boost Vitamin Bs
- 1 tsp slippery elm powder (for gut health)
- cup of dessicated coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp rice malt
- 1 tbsp goji berry
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao
- ½ tsp of stevia
- 1 tsp tahini
- Process the oats in the food processor until fine, then add the rest of the matcha bar ingredients and process for 5-10 seconds
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and pour in the mixture, flattening it with your hands.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours
- Place all the cacao glaze ingredients into a small bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Remove mixture from fridge and slice it into bars.
- Drizzle cacao glaze over the matcha bars and place in fridge for another 10-15 mins.
- Remove from fridge. Sprinkle with goji berries and serve
Cheeky tip: You can even add a sprinkle of AyurBotanicals organic tea powder to the mixture for an extra dose of superfood goodness!
Get to know the culinary goddess behind this Matcha recipe here: Instagram| Facebook| Website