Mixed Snickers Slice
This recipes comes from one of our favourite Wholefood Cooks Martyna Angell from Wholesome Cook. Martyna has blown us away by recreating a childhood classic, the healthy way that is!
"When I first became old enough to carry my own pocket money around, I’d often duck into the local convenience store and indulge in a Snickers bar. Those days are gone but the flavour infatuation remains. If you can totally relate, this slice is for you."
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats or coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 3 tablespoons cashew paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla powder or natural vanilla extract 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted Nutty
- 1⁄2 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia, almond or peanut butter or hulled tahini
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts (I like peanuts, almonds and macadamias)
- 75g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, melted
Method | Serves 8-10
Line a 16cm round cake tin with baking paper.
To make the nougat base, process all ingredients in a food processor on low until a thick dough forms.
Press the nougat into the base of the prepared tin, then keep in the fridge while you prepare the Nutty Caramel Layer.
Place rice malt syrup or honey and nut butter or tahini in a small saucepan set over low heat, melt and stir to combine — do not boil.
Add the nuts and mix well.
Pour the nutty caramel over the nougat base and spread evenly, smoothing the top.
Place back in the fridge for 15–20 minutes to set.
When set, pour over melted chocolate, smooth the top and return to the fridge for a further 15 minutes to set. To serve, cut the slice into wedges. Store the slice or any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Thanks to Wholesome Cook for sharing this DELICIOUS recipe with us.