Jessica Cox shares with us her amazing and healthy Mojito Slice recipe!
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup MUMA Raw Core Love
- ¼ cup ground Power Super Foods cacao crunch
- pinch sea salt
- 75 grams cold coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons icy cold water
- 25 grams coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- zest ½ lime
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1 cup polenta
- 2/3 cup sunflower seed meal (or almond meal)
- ¾ cup The Ginger People ginger syrup
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Start by making the pastry base. Preheat your oven to 175c.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the sorghum flour, MUMA Raw Core Love, ground cacao crunch and salt and mix well to combine.
- Now add in the cold coconut oil and rub into the mixture till you have a breadcrumb like texture.
- Finely add the icy cold water and bring to a dough using your hands.
- Form into a ball and leave for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Now take the dough and push into a tart tin until you have an even base.
- Refrigerate again for 10-15 minutes then place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- While the tart base is cooking make your filling.
- Combine the coconut oil, lime juice, organic ginger syrup and coconut cream in a saucepan over medium heat till combined.
- Now add the sunflower seed meal, polenta, rosemary, lime zest and stir well until all incorporated. It should be like a very wet polenta.
- Once the tart base is done remove from the oven and pour in the tart filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes or until just set.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove and place on a wire wrack.
Ideally serve warm on its own, or with a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
Your Guide To The Best Natural Hygiene Essentials To Keep Those Germs Away
5 Pantry Staples That'll Help Support Your Immunity
8 Of The Healthiest Ready-Made Soups You'll Find At The Supermarket