Mussels in Coconut Cream
Scott Gooding whipped up this delicious recipe at our Wholefood Night Markets and it was a hit!
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 brown onion – finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- ½ bunch coriander – stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 leek – sliced
- ½ bunch English spinach – roughly chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- Splash white wine (optional)
- 500g mussels
- ½ lemon - juiced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
In a large fry pan heat the butter on medium heat, add the onion, coriander stalks and garlic and cook until softened.
Add the chopped leek and add the stock and/or white wine and turn up the heat.
Add the spinach, coconut cream and stir.
Add the mussels and ensure to coat the mussels with the sauce.
Once the mussels are open they are ready – serve in a deep bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy.