Brooke Cassar joined Instagram in October 2012 as @goodfoodforme. She started the account as a food diary and focused on a healthy lifestyle of clean eating. After a few months of eating better, cutting out preservatives, added sugars and anything processed Brooke had lost 5kg. Brooke started running, training for a half marathon, then exactly one year later she completed her first full marathon and had lost 10kg. It was a life changing year for Brooke and inspired her to create a clean eating eBook and website that eventuated into an online health store selling products that she believed in and used herself. Good Food For Me is now a one-stop shop for organic, non-processed, no refined sugars, gluten free, snacks, bars, super foods and beauty products.
‘Preparation is the key.’
– My favourite meal of the day…hands down! I bounce out of bed thinking of the muesli bowl I’m going to have and the delicious fruits I’ll cut up to put in it.
¼ Cup GF Quick Cooking Oats + Almond Milk. Top with pumpkin & sunflower seeds, goji berries, almonds and maca powder. Chopped fruits like berries, banana, apple or pear.
– I’m usually hungry again by 11am, I love Almond Milk Lattes, I limit coffee to one a day and use it as a treat for myself.
Other healthy snacks from our site I choose – Quest Nutrition Protein Bar, Squarebar, Miracle Bar, Raw Chocolate and Cashew Bar, Earth Bar, Bird Bar, Lara Bar.
– Usually prepared in advance to either take with me to work, this stops me from reaching for something ‘quick and easy’ and not always the best option.
Roasted Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, steamed veggies like broccoli, kale, carrots with some grilled chicken and brown rice.
– I like to exercise later in the day after a full day of food in my belly. I’m fuelled up for a run by then and I always try to have this meal at around 3pm to allow a good 2 hours for it to settle.
Protein Smoothie – ½ Banana, Almond Milk, 1 Scoop The Naked Co Protein Powder (all natural WPI powder which has a good clean ingredient list), and amazing grass cacao super greens powder.
– I cook a lot from my eBook. Good, clean, easy recipes to follow that are family friendly and staple meals for the week.
A plate full of vegetables or salad, with a source of protein like chicken, fish or red meat, and a complex carb like sweet potato, brown rice, beans or pasta.
– I don’t eat dessert every night, but I am a bit of a sweet tooth so when I do feel like something it might just be a nice raw cacao chocolate from my website like Lovingearth Luvju’s, Paleo Chocolate, or a delicious Pana Chocolate. Or in my eBook there’s a section for sweet clean treats, which are all made with no refined sugars.
– A typical week of moving my body consists of 2 weight sessions with a PT, 3 x Runs per week between 5-10kms, a game of Netball. I like to stay active and feel good.