This recipe was kindly shared with us by our wonderful friends at McKenzie's. It is a delicious loaf that is perfect if you are gluten free.
- 1 orange, ends removed, cut into approx. 8 pieces
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 125g butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups McKenzie’s Chick Pea Flour
- 3 tsps McKenzie’s Baking Powder
- 2 tsps McKenzie’s Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cream cheese, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place orange segments in a food processor and pulse
until a coarse texture is achieved. Combine in a saucepan with the dates, sugar, butter and water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place chickpea flour, baking powder, cinnamon and bi-carb in a large bowl and mix well.
Add cooled date mixture and eggs, mixing well.
- Spoon into a lined 13 x 26cm loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow
to cool and serve slices spread with some cream cheese if desired
👉 Find more recipes like this in McKenzie's downloadable eBook