Raw Chocolate Coated Protein Bars
We love nothing more than a protein-packed snack to keep us going throughout the day. These gluten, dairy and refined sugar free protein bars are that good you could eat them for dessert!
Makes: 4 large or 8 small bars
For the bars:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 tbsp IsoWhey Wholefoods Bio-Fermented Pea & Brown Rice Protein Powder (Vanilla & Lucuma flavour)
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 tbsp coconut butter / coconut paste, softened
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
For the chocolate:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you'd like it)
- Crushed toasted (unsalted) peanuts
Blend the walnuts in a food processor for a few seconds, until it forms a flour. Add the protein powder, lucuma powder and coconut flour. Pulse to combine. Add the coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup and blend until a dough forms.
Dust a clean work surface with coconut flour and transfer the dough to this surface. Shape into logs (either 4 large or 8 small). Place onto a lined tray and refrigerate until firm - at least 30 minute.
Whisk together the chocolate ingredients in a bowl.
When the bars are firm, remove them from the refrigerator and take turns dipping each one into the raw chocolate mixture.
Allow bars to cool on the lined tray for at least 10 minutes, then dip again.
Sprinkle with crushed peanuts while the chocolate is still wet. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe created by Mandy Banh.
For more wholefood snack & dessert recipes, visit the recipes section of our blog.