Recipe: Banana, Walnut & Flaxseed Muffins
RECIPE: Banana, Walnut & Flaxseed Muffins
If you're looking for a super easy muffin recipe that you can whip up on any day of the week, look no further than these banana, walnut and flaxseed muffins! Full of fibre and good fats thanks to the flaxseed, this is a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth come mid morning or late afternoon.
Makes 9 muffins
GF: DF: RFS: V
1 cup mashed banana
1 1/4 cup Bonsoy almond milk
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups/250g all purpose gluten-free flour
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
½ cup melted coconut butter (not oil)
2 tablespoon coconut sugar
¾ cup Bonsoy almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 160C (fan forced) and line a muffin tin with liners or grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed banana, oil, almond milk, vanilla, sugar, baking powder + soda and salt.
- Gently fold in the flour and walnuts (do not over mix).
- Pour into 9 muffin liners and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool on wire rack after ten minutes in the tin.
- To make the frosting whisk the coconut butter, sugar and half the almond milk together. Slowly add the remaining almond milk and mix until creamy. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Frost the muffins once fully cooled and frosting has firmed up slightly. Top each muffin with sliced banana.
Did you know that you can find a range of ingredients for all your baking needs over on the GoodnessMe Shop?!