Recipe: Chamomile, Rose & Lemon Slice (GF, DF, V)
Here at GMB, we love getting creative with all the goodies you'll find in the monthly boxes... and beverages are no exception! Some of our most recent recipes have included turning sparkling coconut water into a melonberry chia parfait, a can of soda into a probiotic passionfruit cake and here, we show you how to make almond milk the star ingredient in what is an extremely delicious sweet treat that'll go perfectly with your cup of herbal tea. Who's excited?
RECIPE: CHAMOMILE, ROSE & LEMON SLICE
GF: DF: V
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
3 tbsp warm water
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup Almo Milk Chamomile Almond Milk
1/2 tsp rosewater
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup tahini
2 tsp Almo Milk Chamomile Almond Milk
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
2. Mix the flaxseed with the water, stir and leave to thicken for 10 minutes to form a flax egg.
3. Combine the flax egg, Almo Milk Chamomile Almond Milk, rosewater, lemon juice, tahini and maple syrup. Stir to form a smooth mixture.
4. Place the almonds and oats in a blend and blend to form a flour.
5. Add this flour to the wet ingredients and fold through.
6. Spoon the mixture into a small lined baking tray and bake until an even golden colour (about one hour).
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the fridge.
8. While the slice cools, prepare the glaze. Combine all ingredients and place in the microwave for 20 seconds. Remove, stir and repeat if necessary so that the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
9. Once the slice has cooled, pour over the glaze and spread out to cover the whole surface.
10. Sprinkle with rose petals and grated lemon zest (you can use the fine side of a cheese grater for the zest).
11. Place back in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the glaze to set.
12. Remove, slice and enjoy!
Like what you see? To discover a wide range of health products and more recipes like this, be sure to check out our monthly subscription plans here!