This Simple Vegan Ratatouille Will Get You Excited About Veggies
Healthy AND delicious, this vegan ratatouille is the perfect dish to get anyone excited about eating veggies! Great for lunch or dinner, enjoy as is or with a side of steamed rice.
- 1 jar Toscano Passata cherry tomato sauce
- 1 ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 large zucchini
- 2 Japanese eggplants
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 4 fresh Roma tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp basil pesto
- Olive or avocado oil, to spray
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 25 cm (10 inch) baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the passata, herbs, garlic and salt.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the vegetables into 5mm thick slices.
- Layer the veggie slices, alternating each slice (zucchini, sweet potato, eggplant, tomato; repeat) starting from the outside of the dish. Repeat until the whole baking dish is filled and all veggie slices are used.
- Lightly spray the top of the veggies with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, then bake for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Drizzle with pest and serve!
Did you make the recipe? Tag @goodnessmebox and #goodnessmebox to be featured!
For more recipes head the GoodnessMe Box Blog!