The New Peanut Butter Toast
What if we told you sweet potato doesn't just suit lunch and dinners, but breakfast too? Don’t knock it till you try it – rumour has it..it's the next best thing since peanut butter on toast! The flavour contrast in our Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato really satisfies, and the low GI, fibre-rich sweet potato along with the healthy fats from the nuts and yoghurt should keep you going all morning. You can find this unique recipe in our NEW Online Program Going Whole, your 6 week guide to a wholefood life. [Click here to find out when Going Whole registrations open!]
Recipe: Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato
GF | DF | Vegan | Serves 1
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked at 200 degrees Celsius for about 1 hour (cooking time will vary depending on your oven)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened Greek yoghurt OR coconut yoghurt for a vegan/dairy free option
- 2 teaspoons nut butter of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon raw walnuts, chopped
- generous pinch cinnamon
- tiny pinch pink salt (if almond butter is unsalted)
- Slice the sweet potato down the middle, opening it up a little with a fork to make space for the stuffing.
- Add the yoghurt filling, followed by a drizzle of almond butter topped with a sprinkle of salt.
- Sprinkle the walnuts on top for some crunch, followed by the cinnamon to bring it all together and give it a sweet ‘n’ spicy kick. Eat with a cake fork.
Checkout the Going Whole Family Banana Muffin Creations!
"Literally the best thing since peanut butter on toast! Thanks @goodnessmebox for the recipe, so good!" - @tamagazza
"I'm going to be honest was a bit dubious about having a whole sweet potato for breakfast but with the toppings it was pretty damn sweet- pun intended" - @motiveater
"//GOING WHOLE// Started this program last week to grown my new lifestyle changes, becoming healthier, fitter, stronger, reduce cravings, boost my energy, improve my digestive system, and overall reset my wellbeing. I'm absolutely loving all the recipes and beginning to feel a change All thanks to @goodnessmebox" - @fitlifewithdani
"Loved this! Who knew sweet potato could be so versatile" - Amber B