This delicious vegan chocolate torte was shared with us by the amazing team at Vitamix. It is so easy to make and is filled to the brim with delicious wholefoods, including 5 avocados. Did you know that if you post a photo of your GoodnessMe Box you can be in to win your very own Vitamix! All you have to do is follow the instructions you find on the card in your box.
Makes: 1 x 24cm cake
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 350g (3 ½ cup) hazelnut, divided use
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided use
- 1 pinch salt
- 135g (1 cup) dried dates, pitted, halved
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 120ml (1/2 cup) agave nectar
- 5 avocados peeled, pitted, divided use
- 100g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons goji berries, ground
- Place half of the hazelnuts into the Vitamix and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to Pulse and quickly release. Continue to Pulse 8 to 12 more times, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Repeat with second half of the nuts. Remove to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and salt to the ground nuts in the bowl. Mix to incorporate. Press into a spring form pan.
- Place the remaining coconut oil, dates, vanilla bean and agave into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 25 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blade. Remove and place in bowl.
- Place 2 ½ avocados in the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the bowl with the date mixture. Repeat the process for the second ½ of the avocados.
- Add the cocoa powder and goji berries to the bowl with the avocado and date mixture. Mix to incorporate
- Spoon mixture over top of the hazelnut crust, cover the pan (with a lid/baking paper/beeswax wrap) and place in refrigerator overnight to set.
- Slice torte just before serving. Enjoy!