Vegan Baked Apple with Caramel Sauce
By GMB Recipe Creator Shana Watson
We love a good healthy dessert and this baked apple using Heilala Vanilla Coconut Oil is perfect for those cooler nights when you feel like a treat.
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp Heilala Vanilla Coconut Oil
- 4 pink lady apples
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 small can full fat coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- ¼ cup shaved almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a shallow oven safe dish with aluminium foil
- Rub apples with 1 tbsp of Heilala Vanilla Coconut Oil and place in dish. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the caramel. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining Heilala Vanilla Coconut Oil and maple syrup over a low heat for 1 minute
- Whisk in the almond butter, sea salt and vanilla until fully incorporated and very smooth. Set aside.
- Just before serving, scrape out the top thickened coconut cream and leave the liquid behind
- Place hardened cream in a chilled mixing bowl and beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy
- Serve baked apple with a dollop of whipped coconut cream, shaved almonds, dash of cinnamon and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce
How will you be using your Heilala Vanilla coconut oil?