If you love coffee and you love chocolate this is the recipe for you. This vegan chocolate coffee cake is DELISH and topped with a cashew & coconut frosting it's the perfect healthy sweet treat.
- 450g mashed banana
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Organic Mountain coffee
- 3 cups almond meal
- ½ cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Raspberries, coconut flakes and cacao nibs to decorate (optional).
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Blend bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and espresso powder in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- In a bowl combine the almond meal, flaxseed, cacao powder and baking powder.
- Pour the banana mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon into a prepared baking tin and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile combine all of the frosting ingredients into a blender until smooth.
- Once the cake is cool spread over frosting and top with raspberries and coconut.