Recipe: These Vegan Chocolate Crackles Bring Back All The Nostalgic Feels
If one party food triggers nostalgia Chocolate Crackles is just that! SNAP, CRACKLE, POP.
Makes 12 small or 8 bigger crackles
- 1 cup puffed rice (I used puffed brown rice from a bulk health food store, but you could also use low-sugar puffed rice cereal)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 38g sachet Juice Plus Dutch Chocolate Complete Drink
- A pinch sea salt
- Combine the puffed rice and desiccated coconut in a bowl.
- In a smaller separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, JuicePLUS sachet, maple syrup and sea salt and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and gently fold through until all rice is completely coated.
- Spoon into cupcake trays and allow to set in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
NOTE: If you're taking these out with you or giving them to little people, line the cupcake tray with patty pans to catch any crumbs as these will soften slightly at room temperature.
Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to two months.
Find more dessert recipes here.