Vegan Taco's With Spicy Salsa
A few weeks back we celebrated cultural diversity in the GMB office. Here is our Marketing guru, Elli's spicey vegan taco's. They were a total hit with the team!
Ingredients for Tacos
- GF wholegrain tortilla's (or cos lettuce for a low carb alternative)
- 1 Red onion diced
- 1 Fresh corn, Kernels removed
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 Cucumber
- shredded lettuce
- 400g tin of black beans, rinsed
- ½ Limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Guacamole
- 1-2 Avocados (depending on your Guac obsession)
- 1 Small red chilli diced finely
- 1 Lime
- 1 Handful of cherry tomatoes diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Spicy Salsa
- 2 tomatoes,seeded and chopped
- 1 green onions
- fresh chilli, seeded
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Combine the onion, corn, tomato, cucumber and beans in a bowl and squeeze fresh lime on top.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the Guac, put the avocado into a bowl and add the chilli tomato and squeeze in the lime juice. Combine (I like to use a potato masher).
Add salt and pepper to taste
For the Salsa: blend the tomatoes, onion, chilli and cilantro to desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl, and mix in the lime juice, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
Cut off the base of the lettuce and wash the leaves.
Grab a tortilla or lettuce leaf and fill with a few spoonful’s of the taco mix and add a doll up of Guac and salsa on top.